Wednesday 21 March 2018

Spring 2018 - What to Wear | Erin

Hi Everyone! It’s Erin back again with another post. This week I want to leave behind the cold, snowy weather (I can’t believe we’re still getting snow in the middle of March!). So as I write this on the official first day of Spring, there’s blue skies above, I thought what better way to welcome Spring than write a post about it. I’m going to help you put together some affordable Spring outfits, hopefully with a good selection for everyone.

I always feel like Spring is that awkward month between Summer and Winter where you get those cold, rainy days and you never know if to be wearing your jumpers or t-shirts. Even if it looks sunny outside, more often than not it’s still quite chilly and just not warm enough for one layer. This can give you some inspiration into the things you could be wearing this Spring.
Miss Selfridge - £5 from £18
ASOS - £18













If you know me, then you'll know that stripes are 100% my thing. They're the one thing in my wardrobe that are an essential in any season. I love the two tops above. Funnel necks and slightly cropped but with a pair of higher waist jeans. The long sleeves aren't too heavy and the necks aren't full on, chunky knit turtle necks like we'd wear in Winter. Below, a top similar in red but also a sweatshirt which I actually own. Its slightly cropped but its so comfy and just right for the awkward days that I was talking about earlier. Nothing too heavy but perfect for the colder air.


Miss Selfridge - £10
New Look - £8 from £15.99













Something I am loving wearing at the minute is tailored trousers and especially those that have a stripe or something going on down the leg. I have picked out a pair that I think are great for this weather and some that you can pair with a plain, lighter coloured long sleeved top. Alternatively, as we move into the nicer weather and everyone's fashion starts brightening, you could go for a pair of light denim mom jeans. These are so casual and can be put with almost anything on top so a great staple piece for the Spring.
Pull and Bear - £17.99
Zara - £25.99
H&M - £26.99 from £34.99

With jackets, I always have the memory of going to school in my Winter parkas and either being far too hot and having to carry it around with me all day or still needing to wear it towards the start of April. I still don't think that there's a perfect jacket that is made for Spring but I'd love to hear your thoughts on this! I think there's either 3 ways that you can go; the classic denim jacket which is casual and can go with pretty much anything, a longer wool blend coat which is neither too thick or heavy or a rain mac which is thin but will keep you dry in the showery days that we can expect.

New Look - £25.99
New Look - £24.99 £10 off Rain Macs













H&M - £35.99 from £79.99
For more of a formal look, again I think tailored trousers do the job well. Pairing a pair of pastel coloured trousers with a darker, off the shoulder top just works so well together. It looks so much more sophisticated but at the same time its not overly formal. This is a look that is so comfortable to wear and I love the trousers that I have picked out from MissGuided. Such a nice nude colour that anyone can pull off.

ASOS - £16
Missguided - £25













I hope that this has helped you feel more inspired with the outfits you will be putting together in the next few months! Looking through each of the websites for this clothing, there is some gorgeous stuff out at the minute both casual and more of a dressy vibe. Make sure you go and check them out and if you like any of the clothing I have included, I have linked them up to the photograph. Let me know your thoughts on this and what you love wearing this time of year. I would love to know what you're thinking!

Thank you so much for reading. Our social media links are along the side as always so be sure to follow us if you don't already. Georgie will be back next week with another post and I'll see you back here in two weeks!

Until Wednesday
Erin xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Scrunchies, Leopard Print & Cosy Coats - What I'm Loving At The Moment | Erin

Autumn is just around the corner and I couldn't be any happier! The colder months are the best by far no matter how much I contradict ...