Wednesday 28 March 2018

SS18 TRENDS THAT I LOVE | GEORGIE

SS18 TRENDS THAT I LOVE!




Hi everyone,

It’s Georgie here back again with another blog post. Since the weather is starting to brighten up here in the UK (touch wood) I am feeling so ready for summer, so today I decided to write about spring/summer trends that I saw on the runway over fashion month that I am loving!

TROUSER SUITS





To start with what might be my favorite trend, ‘Trouser Suits’. I love the co-ordinated look myself so I will definitely be trying to incorporate this look into my wardrobe this season. One of my favorite bloggers pulls off this look perfectly so I have been looking at her blog and Instagram all the time for outfit inspo!

I think that a perfectly tailored suit is a must-have for a staple wardrobe that can be worn season after season. There are so many versions of this look that it is easy to find one that will fit your personal style. I think they look great with a plain white t-shirt and white trainers or platform boots.



YELLOW

I don’t usually wear color myself, especially not yellow, however, I have found myself loving the mustard yellow that is on trend at the moment. It is definitely a way to stay on trend in the upcoming season. It is the mustard shade of yellow in particular that I like as I feel that it is a bit softer and complimentary. I think it’s fair to say that this is a great way to cheer up your wardrobe this year.







1980S COMEBACK

I must say that I love that 80s fashion is making a comeback with the large shoulder pads, bright colors and high waisted jeans which you can read more about how to get this look in my last blog post on stranger things. I personally prefer the more relaxed 80s look or the blazer look but you will definitely be on trend if you’re wearing mom jeans and sporty socks or neon dresses with huge shoulder pads.










POWER SHORTS

I think power shorts are a great way to spice up the standard pair of shorts that we see every summer. I think it’s a great statement piece that is really flattering as they create an illusion of wider hips. One of my favorite pairs is definitely the Saint Laurent power shorts that are shown in the image below.




WET LOOK

I couldn’t cover the trends for this season without mentioning that the super shiny, wet-look will be the biggest texture this spring/summer as you would have noticed if you were up to date on the S/S18 runway shows. I think Balmain pulled off this look the best in my opinion with their jumpsuit with super Soho vibes. I love how ELLE described this trend; “It's a trend loaded with irony. In the process of elevating the synthetic stuff to luxury status, designers used it to dress down glamour and add an element of sport”.



PUNK/ REBEL TREND

I think that you can definitely see the political influences through this trend and this is no surprise with the chain of political events over the last year or two. I also love the musical influences on this trend and I feel that think also links to the 80s punk culture. Alexander McQueen is also an expert at this look so it’s no shock that McQueen is a leader of this trend.






To finish off this post, there is a couple of accessories trends that I am loving and can see myself wearing for sure!


STATEMENT LARGE EARRINGS/ MISMATCHED EARRINGS



WAIST BELTS



Thank you once again for reading my blog post here on Until Wednesday. If you haven’t already please check out our other blog posts. Thank you for the lovely feedback that we have had from people so far and I hope that you continue to enjoy our content.

Make sure that you come back again next Wednesday when Erin will be posting her next feature and I will be back again the week after as usual.

Thanks again for reading.

Until Wednesday

Georgie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scrunchies, Leopard Print & Cosy Coats - What I'm Loving At The Moment | Erin

Autumn is just around the corner and I couldn't be any happier! The colder months are the best by far no matter how much I contradict ...