Wednesday 7 February 2018

January Favourites 2018 | Erin


 

Hi Everyone!

I’m so happy to have finally gotten through January, longest month ever! I thought I’d start off with my first proper post being a favourites tag as I love reading these and seeing what everyone else is loving throughout the month. Most of the products that I’ve included are drugstore and so they are really affordable but nonetheless, are great.


Makeup Revolution Life On The Dancefloor Palette: Superdrug
Makeup Revolution palettes are one of my favourites mainly because of the value of them but the pigmentation in them is amazing. This particular palette is full of all the tones that I love and for just £10 in Superdrug it hasn’t let me down. Half of the shades are darker and the other half are light so it’s not one of those palettes that are subjected to seasons which makes it even better.
NYX Cream Suede Liquid Lipstick: Boots
I have an ever growing collection of liquid lipsticks but I feel like sometimes it’s hard to find those that don’t instantly dry out your lips. The name of this product perfectly describes its formula. It’s so soft and velvety on your lips. The cream works so well in the way that it still has the same effect as a liquid lipstick, it’s just not so drying. I got it in the shade ‘Soft Spoken’ which is such a lovely brown-nude. When it comes to lipstick shades, brown is too dark for me but pink can be too light and bright. This is the perfect combination of the two.
Soap and Glory Detox Facial Wash: Boots

- All Soap and Glory is on 2 for 1 at the minute at Boots!
I received this as part of a gift package at Christmas and after trying it out I found that not only does it cleanse your skin really well but also leaves it feeling so fresh. It’s not as strong smelling as the tea tree skin care products however, it gives the same fresh feeling that just makes your skin feel so much brighter. I would highly recommend this product as a daily wash and it definitely does its job of leaving your skin clean.

Garnier Natural Rose Water Toner: Superdrug
Before using this, I never used a toner on my skin and I’m so glad that I discovered this product. Not being a fan of floral scents like Rose or Lavender I wasn’t sure I would like it but once I’d started using it, I love it! This has made my skin feel so soft and for someone who gets such dry skin once the weather gets colder, its really helped to keep it well hydrated. I use this every night before I go to sleep and even the freshness of it on your face makes it feel so much better and almost calming.
Nivea Night Cream: Superdrug
This along with the other products have been amazing for my skin! As I mentioned before, I always get such dry skin as soon as it starts getting cold and always get red bits especially around my nose.Putting this on every night has made my skin so much more moisturised and I’ve hardly had any dry bits since using it. Even after using cleansers that make your skin go all tight when they dry, this soothes it in an instant.
Tresemme Keratin Smooth Shine Oil: Superdrug
I’ve always wondered, doesn’t putting oil in your hair not just make it greasy? But this stuff is so good for your hair. I feel like the ends of my hair dry up in an instant after just being cut and not only does it just feel awful but it looks awful too. This oil has been a bit of a miracle worker and has made the ends of my hair so shiny but so soft as well. As long as I distribute it well enough, it doesn’t make my hair look greasy at all and I love how nice it keeps it feeling.
Ikea Nutmeg and Vanilla Candle: Ikea
Most people I know will agree that Ikea is amazing as it is but their candles just couldn’t smell any better. I was instantly drawn to this one from its sweet but spicy smell, just so good. It’s lasted me ages for a 40 hour burner and was £1.75 which is almost too cheap for a candle that smells so nice! Literally could not recommend this more if I tried.
Converse x Comme Des Garçon Play: Dover Street Market
I received these from my boyfriend as a Christmas present because after seeing his pair, I just loved them and put them straight onto my wishlist! I tend not to gravitate towards many designer products and brands purely because of the price but when it comes to shoes, I feel like these are such good value. I also usually stick to the low top Converse if I buy any so having the high tops was also something new for me. They go with so many different outfits and they’re just so comfy! The sizing on them is great and I love the casual-designer vibe, the perfect combination between style and comfort.

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing what I’ve loved over the last month! Leave a comment letting us know some of your favourites from January or if you’ve been loving any of the same products as I have! We would love to hear your thoughts. Don’t forget that me and Georgie will be posting every week so make sure you come back to see what’s to come and also all of our social media links are on the page so feel free to follow us.

Until Wednesday

Erin xx






No comments:

Post a Comment

Scrunchies, Leopard Print & Cosy Coats - What I'm Loving At The Moment | Erin

Autumn is just around the corner and I couldn't be any happier! The colder months are the best by far no matter how much I contradict ...