Thursday 22 February 2018

Celebrity Looks I'm Loving - Winter Style | Erin


Hello to you all! Feels like it’s been so much longer than two weeks since I last posted! There’s been so many celebrity looks that I’ve been loving and so I wanted to write all about them and share them with you.

Trousers: 



 













I love the trouser look at the moment. There’s so many different patterns, colours and shapes that it just makes them such an exciting piece in a wardrobe. Personally, I prefer the more tapered styles however, so many celebs can pull off both the flared trouser and the frilled style. Although I love the Yeezy neutral colours and the comfy/classy wear that is created with the range of pants, I much prefer the pops of colour or the patterns that the three looks that I picked all have going on. I love the contrast between pattern and plain or bright colour paired with a more classic black or white.

Faux Fur/Fluffy Jackets:



These have got to be the cosiest looking jackets of the season! I love that they’re more of the teddy material rather than fur and I have been dying to get my hands on one. Between the styles that I looked at, each are different colour tones and different lengths which shows how you can wear it in so many ways - another plus! With each one, they are all paired with different looks. Kim is casual but classy as she pairs her joggers with heels and the coat just pulls this all together. Rosie has worn it with as more of a chic look as a whole where Lauren is quite smart casual. Although it’s not as practical for the wet weather, I absolutely love this style and the look of the jacket.
 

Shorter Boots:



Throughout the season, knee length boots have been so popular - especially wearing them with an oversized jumper as the ‘forgot-the-pants-look’ as the media like to call it. This style is so easy to wear but I just much prefer the shorter boots. I love an ankle boot but calf boots have especially caught my eye. The chunkier, shorter and all around more stylish boot can be paired with a casual outfit as well as more glam (and you don’t have to have long legs to pull these off!).I feel like again, both Kendall and Selena have totally different outfits going on but are still able to pull of the style of boot with everything that they are wearing. Of course it has something to do with the fact that they could literally pull off a bin bag but looking at their outfits, the boot brings back that classic winter look.

Side Stripe:



The side stripe is so flattering, especially on a trouser. If you know me, you’ll know I’m absolutely obsessed with stripes and so with finding trousers with a stripe down the side, just amazing! I think it also works so well on a top and is the simple detail that is needed to bring a piece of clothing alive. It’s such a versatile style that can be turned glam with a pair of heels but can also be worn with a pair of trainers. Missguided have brought out a range with Umbro and they have incorporated their branding into the side stripe on their top which looks great. It’s just enough against the all black. It makes the clothing look more smart casual where Umbro its a sportswear brand and wouldn't normally be seen on anything of this style.

Jumper Dress:



Another cosy winter look - the best! Both of these looks are styled differently. I like that Blake has gone for more of a Punk like style of lace up boots where Hailey wears trainers. You can tell that the jumper dress is another piece that is so easy to pair up with whatever you’re feeling on the day. I prefer the boots paired with it as I like them more with Winter looks anyways but I think the overall outfit looks more put together and just generally goes better. I think a pair of high top converse would go really well with this particular style in terms of trainers but I’m a sucker for a pair of boots so I’m more biased towards them for this look.


Mens Contrasting Colour Jumpers:



Thought I’d throw in a little something from the menswear that I’ve been loving throughout winter and that’s colour contrasting sweaters/jumpers. I feel like looking at mens street style, you get a lot of the same. Plain jumpers or hoodies or the tight long sleeved tops that show off the muscles look. Seeing jumpers like these are something new and different and I like it! First of all the one that Proudlock is wearing looks amazingly cosy and you’ll have probably worked out by now that cosy in Winter for me is priority. But looking at Rafferty Law’s style of course he’s going to look good as he is a model, I just think the design looks so simplistic but so effective. Even though the colours are very toned down and almost dull, they just work so well together that it brings out such a sophisticated looking piece.
 

 Frill Sleeves, Neck and Hems:

 

I wouldn’t say I was one of the most girly girly there is out there and so frills for me are a no-no but this style of top is just so cute! Plain long sleeved tops are a staple piece to a Winter wardrobe and can be matched with literally anything. To give them a little something extra, there’s tiny wave like frills on the hems, sleeve holes and as Cami wears, on the neck. In 2017, flares made a comeback and with that came the massive bell sleeved tops and ruffle bits everywhere. To not look as extravagant with this style, I think they’re so easy to pull off and just aren’t as full on as some of the other pieces that are seen today. Sometimes a little less is more and like Selena wears, it’s an opportunity to add a little bit of colour detailing as well which makes it look even cuter!

You can probably tell that I much prefer Winter fashion over Summer and I think its just the perfect time to be wrapped up in massive jumpers but stay looking great whilst doing it. I would love to hear from you and your thoughts. Who is your celebrity style crush? What looks have you been loving throughout the Winter and is there anything that I’ve missed that has been your number one look of the season? Comment and let me know what you’re thinking! As always both of our social media links are on the page so be sure to give us a follow on those.

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you’ve enjoyed reading! Look out for Georgie’s post next week.

Until Wednesday

Erin xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scrunchies, Leopard Print & Cosy Coats - What I'm Loving At The Moment | Erin

Autumn is just around the corner and I couldn't be any happier! The colder months are the best by far no matter how much I contradict ...