Wednesday 16 May 2018

The Met Gala 2018 | Erin


The Met Gala is quite possibly THE biggest night in Fashion. It's the perfect excuse for all the celebs to dress up in crazy outfits, following a theme and for everyone at home to become professional fashion critics (even when we are mostly all sat at home in a pair of joggers and t-shirt).

With the theme being 'Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination, on the whole, they didn't disappoint.The men's attempt however wasn't as great. I did manage to pick out a good handful of looks that matched the occasion.

Versace and Dolce and Gabbana ran the whole event for me.With most of my favourite looks being some of their showstopping pieces.
The Men:
Cole wears Thom Browne
Nick wears Dolce and Gabbana


 Cole and Nick both went for the black suit with the little details that fit with the theme. I loved these two looks because of how classic they look on each of the but also because of the fact that they weren't just straight up, plain black suits. Both outfits had something about them.
Darren wears Dolce and Gabbana
Chadwick wears Versace
Migos wear Versace





These three are looks! So in tune with the theme and just classic Met Gala outfits.I love how out there they are but also how well suited and designed each piece is to the body wearing it. Chadwick's outfit was definitely my favourite out of all the men, it fits with the theme so well. The gold detailing and gold shoes just complete the whole look.

Jared wears Gucci
Donald wears Gucci















My final two fave menswear looks of the night come from Donald Glover and Jared Leto, looking like the king that he is. Any man who can pull off a purple suit is in my good books and with Donald being one of the coolest men, he already looks amazing for me. The gold detailing on the back of his blazer brings total class to the theme. I loved that Jared and Lana del Rey were so coordinated on the carpet together. His whole outfit is just incredible.


My Top 10 Women's Picks:

With the women's looks, there were a lot that were stunning but ones that I just didn't think really went with the whole theme of the night. The other extreme was that they were so over the top it looked more like fancy dress. There was a lot of looks to choose from so I've narrowed it down to my personal top 10. 
Rihanna wears custom Mason Margiela by John Galliano
Cardi wears Moschino



These two ladies never failed to impress, both wearing amazing pieces and working them so well. Both Rihanna and Cardi B went for the headpiece and the encrusted dresses with a combination of jewels and diamonds. They are absolute showstoppers but the dresses themselves are gorgeous. They may look over the top but for the Met's, the art of them is what counts and both dresses fit the criteria well.


Zendaya wears Versace
Lili wears H&M















 
Two very different looks but non the less, amazing. Zendaya's Joan of Arc outfit was just incredible. I loved it! She can usually pull of anything but I think this is her best to date. Lili also went for the silver, chrome looking dress and she looks sophisticated yet so powerful at the same time. Very different from Betty Cooper's style!

Emilia wears Dolce and Gabbana
Lily wears Givenchy
















We know she's a queen anyways so its easy for Emilia Clarke to impress at events like these. Her and Lily are both wearing black, both using details to bring the outfits to life. Lily's is more simplistic compared to Emilia where she has gone for a small cross accessory and more extravagance in her headpiece. In Emilia's outfit, she has lots of gold embroidery and a gold crown like headband that just completes her look perfectly. Both look stunning.


Ariana wears Vera Wang
Shawn and Hailey wear Tommy Hilfiger















These two were very delicate looks I felt like which suited both Hailey and Ariana so well. Not only did Hailey have arguably the best date of the night but her dress was so pretty. Although she didn't have crosses all over or something to show the Catholic side like Ariana does on her dress, she definitely fit the heavenly side of the theme. I loved Ariana's dress because of how stunning it is from afar but when you look closely she has painting work all over the top layer.

Blake wears Versace
Kim wears Versace














The Met's are something that these two seem to get right every single year without fail. Kim looks incredible as always but in her gold, tight fitted number with the small cross detailing, I think her outfit was spot on. She looks amazing but at the same time her dress seems so simplistically designed. Blake was my number 1 favourite from this year's Met Gala and I just think she looks insane. Her dress makes her look like a real life princess, probably even queen but it suits her figure so well. The delicate headpiece she is wearing completes the look but I seriously can't get over how stunning she looks. I love everything about the Versace piece she is wearing and it concludes the event for me that both Kim and Blake are  wearing Versace which created the majority of my other favourite looks from the night. 

Apologies if the formatting comes up odd when you view this, it finally looks right on mine but knowing my luck it'll mess up as soon as its published! Keep an eye out for Georgie's post next week and I'll see you again the week after. Thank you for reading!

Until Wednesday

Erin xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Scrunchies, Leopard Print & Cosy Coats - What I'm Loving At The Moment | Erin

Autumn is just around the corner and I couldn't be any happier! The colder months are the best by far no matter how much I contradict ...